WELCOME!


The Basics: I am a single Dad. I have sole custody. My son has profound hearing loss. He has an awesome pair of hearing aids. We both know a lot of sign language. I work at the Single Parent Resource Centre. We like reading and video games, and nature and movies. I wish I could've marched with Martin Luther King Jr. and I wish I could've seen Stevie Ray Vaughan in concert.
If you have a perspective; an informed opinion or just a question, I'd be happy to hear from you: tmichealt@hotmail.com
Namaste

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Public Service Message

Happy Mother's day to all of the tireless moms, grandmothers, step-moms, foster moms, past and even future moms. This day is about you.


And a big shout-out to all of those dads out there who are doing their best to be great single parents; both mom and dad. It takes a real man to be strong, nurturing and womanly all in the same day. Cheers!

                                            

Of course, I will be the first to offer the same sentiment to the exponentially more number of moms on Father's Day, but today we celebrate Moms.

And guys, listen up: Let's celebrate the fact that without mothers, there'd be nothing: No people, no babies, no whales, no cheetahs, no bears and probably not many plants for that matter.
Of course a few dim lightbulbs might say: "But without men, how would they even be able to become mothers in the first place?" But that question is moot, because if the Creator - or God, if you like - didn't give a woman everything that makes her a woman, like a womb, breasts, and moon-times, there'd be no boy to even entertain the idea of what a penis might be useful for, okay? A mother made me. I am 100% sure a mother made you, too.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms since the beginning of time. We love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment